WHO WE ARE
St Columba’s House is owned by St Peter’s Charity (a registered charity in England and Wales number 1177879, a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England number 11142467) Our registered office address is Saint Columba’s House, Maybury Hill, Woking Surrey, GU228AB.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us:
- Subscription Form to subscribe to the St Columba’s House newsletter
- Booking Enquiry form to register your interest in an event
- Booking Enquiry form to register your interest in making a group or individual booking for a conference, event or retreat
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
When you do the following you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy:
- Visit our website
- Make a booking with us
The data controller is St Peter’s Charity at Saint Columba’s House, Woking, GU22 8AB
References in this privacy notice to the Act are to the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) as amended.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is the Chief Executive of St Peter’s Charity.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.stcolumbashouse.org.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, make a booking, search for a booking or product, participate in social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we may receive about you if you provide information, use any of the other websites or social media outlets we operate or the other services we provide. We will share that data internally and combine it with data collected on this site for the purpose of providing our services to you. We will never sell your data but we do occasionally work with third party subcontractors to improve our service to guests. We are working closely with the following third parties:
- Sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services
- Analytics providers and search information providers.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about us, our activities and services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our communications.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.